Many international companies require English as a prerequisite for employment, including Japanese companies. Here are a few reasons why you should learn English when you want to become an IT communicator.
1. English is the main language of the information technology industry: Most technical documents, technology, standards and manuals are usually written in English. If these documents are not readable, it will be difficult to translate the documents and interpret the meeting.
2. Update the latest technologies: Most new technologies such as AI, Blockchain, IoT... are developed in English-speaking countries such as the US, UK, Australia... Therefore, reading documents, references from external sources, information technology websites in English will keep you up to date with the latest knowledge and technology.
3. Working with foreign colleagues: In a multinational working environment, it is very common to communicate and work with foreign colleagues. If you are able to communicate in English, you will easily cooperate and exchange information with colleagues from countries other than Japan.
4. Develop personal skills: Learning English also helps you develop language and communication skills, making you more confident when communicating with foreign customers or partners.
5. Competition at work: With the development of the information technology industry and increasingly fierce competition, people with good English ability will have more advantages in applying for jobs and promoting in work.
Now that you understand how important English is, it's time to start learning this wonderful language.
(Reference images at https://www.pexels.com/)